Thursday, December 6, 2012

Date Night Success!

Last night was date night. I tried on about four different looks before I settled upon this one. On those occasions when all the elements of an outfit come together as they should, it is a time to celebrate.


The jacket has the same charcoal gray background as the pants, which have the same tweed like texture. The burgundy scarf picks up the burgundy tones that are woven into the fabric of the jacket. 


The jacket's small, simple collar is turned up, and the scarf is wound around underneath. I'm wearing a necklace of my own design with a long sleeve black tee underneath the jacket. Note that because I have a round face, I rarely ever wear a turtleneck. A V-neck top is my first choice when practical. 

A large portion of the successful look of this outfit is color. I have soft contrast cool coloring. The jacket's tailoring is effortless and cut close to the body with a zipper closure. It has small upturned cuffs. 

The black long-sleeved tee is from Chico's. The pants and the jacket are old from Coldwater Creek. The small leather evening bag is from Stein-Mart, and the simple black high heeled booties are from Nine West.

Thank you for reading! I hope that this post will help you put together a winning look of your own. 

6 comments:

Laura said...

Those colors are beautiful! And some of my favorites. You look wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Susan, you look gorgeous! This is so classy & elegant. I hope your date night was fun!

josep-maria badia said...

A lovely and balanced outfit, with colors that combine great. The jacket is beautiful, pattern, tissue and color. The scarf round the look and gives it a more casual, but still elegant. Very pretty.

http://sensecorbata.blogspot.com.es/

Patti @ NotDeadYet Style said...

Lovely, and the colors are wonderful on you. I'll bet date night was memorable! Thanks for sharing with Visible Monday.

Adrienne said...

I agree those colors and clothing look really great on you.

Kathleen said...

You look fabulous!