Saturday, May 10, 2014

Artisanal Opens For The Season

We love to take a long drive into the North Carolina mountains to have dinner at Artisanal in Banner Elk.



Do you redecorate your home for the summer season? I changed to a light color entry rug and changed art objects on the library table to include lighter colors, white orchids, and some of my collection of unusual seashells gathered from beaches on the far side of the world.



This is the first time I've worn this jacket from the Travelers Collection at Chico's. It is made from black and ivory satin and sheer black ribbons. I paired it with an ivory tank and sleek black side zip ankle pants, also from Chico's. The necklace was a gift from Mr. Mickey. The shoes are BCBGeneration via T.J.Maxx. 


I apologize for the blurry photo, but I really wanted you to see the first turn on the entrance to the property of the Artisanal. These life-size horse sculptures are made from pieces of found wood. There is another similar sculpture in the foyer. 

The flat area on the lawn near this building is the landing for helicopters bringing very special diners to the restaurant. Many well-known people such as Michael Jordan and Don Shula dine here often. They either have homes nearby or come to play golf at Diamond Creek adjacent to the restaurant.




This was our budding spring view of the creek and the woods beyond our table on the terrace.




Mickey's toast is often... "A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread, and Thou" as we are about to begin another splendid meal. (From a translation of an Arabic derivation by Edward Fitzgerald's 5th edition, Quatrain XII.)




I hope you enjoyed sharing another lovely Friday date night with us. Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Jordan Mullen said...

You truly are a style inspiration! Thank you!

Cindy said...

You just get prettier and prettier! Thanks for your inspiration on closet purging. I wore a cardigan that I was "on the fence" about tonight. For some reason, it always feels boxy when I wear it. When I took it off tonight, I laid it out on top of two other Talbots cardigans I own...sure enough, although the same size and style, it was wider than the other two. This will now go in my donation bag and hopefully make someone else happy:)

Unknown said...

Super sexy shoes! Looks like a beautiful setting for a lovely meal and special date night.