Monday, October 5, 2015

Time Away

My vacations are taken in small slices since starting my company in 2000.


We enjoyed a couple of days of rest at the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, North Carolina, during this windy and rainy first weekend of October. The hurricane off the east coast brought strong winds and lots of rain, even in Asheville. That means the lighting was dismal for the whole weekend unless I wanted to stand in the rain for a photoshoot. Which I did a couple of times!




My color selections for this weekend included gray, black, and white. All of the pieces were mixed and matched, which made for very light packing.




The gray jeggings and silver-gray tank top are from Chico's. The faux leather jacket is from Stein Mart. The Calvin Klein bag is from T.J.Maxx. The boots are by Nine West via Saks Off 5th. The black and gray animal print scarf is so old I don't recall where I found it. Even if I show you pieces that may no longer be available because they are old, perhaps you can find something similar in a shop near you or online if you want to copy the look.

Later in the week, there will be more photos of our peaceful weekend away.

Tomorrow I'll be telling you about a new giveaway for one lucky Fifty, not Frumpy follower!

4 comments:

Cristine said...

Love that jacket. Your hair is so gorgeous!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I am also featuring an outerwear garment from Stein Mart, Susan. I love the look of this jacket on you!

Lynn said...

I like this color on you Susan.

Mom said...

The leggings.....love them! Not too tight. Very flattering. I have a few short faux leather jackets that I love. Very nice outfit. It was cold here in KY for a few days but is now in the 80's again. So I am keeping the summer wardrobe available for now.