Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Cute Little Number

I will often be traveling during the next few weeks, so I am looking for pieces that will serve me well as I move from a cold climate to a much warmer ones. I prefer an easy, comfortable, but still well-dressed airport style.




I was thrilled to find this cashmere topper, which I can wear as a poncho or an infinity scarf. The pop of red makes me feel happy.



The fabric is very soft and supple, so it drapes beautifully.




The black turtleneck top and the jeans are from Fabrizio Gianni. The shoes are by BCBGeneration via Nordstrom. The bag is by Zac Posen via Saks OFF 5TH.



The Claudia Nichole cashmere topper comes in many beautiful colors. I had difficulty deciding which one to go with, but I am thrilled with this color, which is Poppy. I found it on the Purple Poppy website. The shop is located in one of my favorite places to visit, Cape Cod. This topper was supplied by Purple Poppy.

The topper comes in all these colors!

11 comments:

nanniepat said...

Love the red topper.. A "sassy" chic look but comfortable.

Susan B said...

That will be such a fabulous lightweight layer for travel! It's so nice to have that pop of color, and you look fabulous in red.

Unknown said...

You look wonderful in red! We are heading to Las Vegas at the end of the month. Will be watching for more ideas. Will have your basics packed.

dmp said...

Hello from south Florida! Love the topper and color. The Purple Poppy site is difficult to read the color choice card. How did you manage? Very nice look!

Susan said...

I have added another photo here to show you the colors the topper comes in.

dmp said...

Thanks - now I can see the names!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Safe and happy travels, Susan!

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to check out the wrap in person.....The Purple Poppy is 15 minutes from my home!

Joanne said...

That's a great travelling outfit. I always need a little something or I get cold on planes. I did notice that your legs look long in these flats. Is it the length of your pants, plus the slim cut and the pointed toe on your shoes?

Susan said...

Joanne, it might be a combination of all those factors. I try to visually lengthen my legs with pointed toe shoes whenever possible. Continuing the dark tone all the way down also helps. Thank you for your question.

Yvonne said...

Love it - I wish you had this post up before my trip south though - I would have bought one!

I just returned from a trip to south Florida and it's always a bit of a challenge dressing from our very cold, snowy Canadian climate to somewhere hot.

I was proud of myself this time though as I layered and it worked well. I wore black leggings, black knee high suede boots, long white shirt, mid thigh black sweater jacket, b & w long scarf and a b&w wrap and purple leather gloves. The wrap and gloves went into my carry-on bag at the Toronto airport and stayed there until the return trip. I also had a pair of flats to change into once we arrived in Florida. So when we arrived I was quite comfortable in the leggings, shirt and flats. :)You have no idea how many years it has taken me to achieve this formula LOL.

P.S. we had a quick stop at an Outlet Mall and I got to see a number of the stores you mention in your blog. Not enough time to shop though (sigh). Next time.