Monday, January 4, 2016

White Jacket

Even on a cold winter day, a white jacket can brighten things up. I wear white all year round on dry days.



We were on our way out to lunch when Mr. Mickey snapped these photos. The sun was shining on Sunday, but our temperatures had started to drop.




The gray long sleeve tee and jeggings are old from Chico's. The vintage St. John winter white jacket was a gift from my dear friend Mitzi. St. John is known for knits, but this cotton and elastane jacket is from their Country Collection they did a few years ago.



The sunglasses, Zac Posen bag, and Calvin Klein booties are from Saks Off 5th.




The fun rhinestone mixed media bracelet is from S.M. Bradford Co. on Hilton Head Island.


Jackets are my favorite wardrobe item. They can be new, vintage, or even menswear, but they complete basic pieces beautifully. The fit is essential. If the jacket is too snug in the back of the shoulder seams drop down too far, you will need to pass on that one. The tailoring charges will likely be more than the cost of the jacket.

Double-breasted jackets are in vogue again, but if you are busty like me, you will never close them. Worn open, they look great, worn buttoned, I look like a barrel.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice look.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your white jacket looks so pretty and fresh for the New Year. I really like the purse that you are carrying. It is a color that seems to work well with so many different clothing colors.

The shoes you wear are always so cute. I wish I could wear heels, but bad knees make them painful for me. I liked seeing some of your suggestions for flats and lower heeled shoes.

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love white in the winter...it kind of freshens things up a bit. This is a perfect casual look.

Prairie Poulet said...

Great reminder to get an ivory jacket -- not white for me. This ties in with your "Building a Wardrobe" post quite nicely. I have similar black booties, but must wear bootcut pants. I'm adapting what you teach to my own 50-something fit, coloring and lifestyle.

No Fear of Fashion said...

Ever so nice outfit. And I agree with you on jackets.
Greetje

iameverywoman.eu said...

Beautiful, stylish, fresh, just perfect. Margot