Friday, May 6, 2016

Classic Casual, My Way

Give me the perfect white shirt and a softly faded pair of jeans, and I am ready to attend any casual event.


It's no secret that I am a lover of the classics. From music to home decor and handbags, I am drawn to the elements that withstand the test of time.


When I began my search for the perfect summer handbag, I knew it needed to be classic, versatile, and durable. I am not interested in disposable fashion. I prefer to invest in one timeless, well-made piece that I can carry for several summers. When I saw this one from J. McLaughlin in Town and Country magazine, I knew it was the one for me right away. I was thrilled to learn that they had just opened a store in Blowing Rock, North Carolina!


Sometimes all you need is the perfect white shirt to get the day off to a great start. This one has enough substance to be worn layered over a slim-fitting tank, which is the perfect way to wear a classic white shirt with my button challenging figure.


The blended, smooth fabric looks crisp and feels comfortable. Sheer, lightweight fabric isn't as forgiving or soft flowing over a tank. I like that this shirt holds its shape to keep me looking freshly turned out all day.


No jiggly bits in sight! Success!



The cuff and faded ankle jeans are old from Chico's. The BCBGeneration sandals are from Saks Off 5th.

Today I am using my new light tent for the first time. This lighting system was a gift from my friends at Fabrizio Gianni. Now I can shoot detailed accessory close-ups for you even at 4 am! I am grateful to the whole Fabrizio Gianni team for this very thoughtful gift.






The earrings and dome ring are both from B'Dazzled in Blowing Rock, North Carolina.

Cali and York sent me the perfect white shirt. I am wearing a size medium over a white Clara Sunwoo tank top supplied by ShopMyFairLady.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love that purse. A little spendy for me, but I love it!!

Unknown said...

Really like this look Susan. It's one that can be worn with heels or with flats.

Brandye Scotton said...

Always a classic. I love that top...I'll be ordering one. (I have the same issue with buttons. LOL) Your shoes are fantastic!

Just another option, in case someone can't afford this shirt. You can get a men's dress shirt, then have it altered. My daughter has an affinity for monogrammed shirts. We buy men's dress shirts at WalMart, then have them tailored to fit her.

KC said...

Love the shirt, purse and entire outfit!

Unknown said...

I think this whole look is great and I would wear it. The purse reminds me of the Aetinne Aigner fishing basket purse I had in my teens. I agree about classics looking nice for casual looks.

Kristien62 said...

I love the look of a crisp, white shirt. But I have a great deal of trouble wearing one. I can't figure out why they look so odd on me and usually, I am quite uncomfortable. Love them on others. I saw an older woman on Cape Cod one day who had pure white hair, brushed back, a white shirt and a statement necklace. She looked wonderful. You wear the white shirt very well.

Unknown said...

I've been following you for quite a while, Susan, and enjoy your blog tremendously. I absolutely love the white shirt and jeans combination....I have a question though....I also often wear a tank top under blouses or sweaters....the problem is, the tanks always seem to bunch up, so I am forever pulling and smoothing.....this happens regardless of the brand of tank top..... Do you have a secret for always looking smooth, or is there a particular brand of tank top that works best? Thanks so much for all you do to inspire us....

Susan said...

Donna, I find the combination of fabrics makes a huge difference in how the pieces wear together. I like to wear a smooth tighter fitting silky tank under a more textured shirt of a rougher texture over it.

Unknown said...

Thanks so much...will give it a try!!