Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Dress For It!

My 60th birthday is coming up next month. I wouldn't take back 30 if it were available. This is the best part of my life, so I get dressed for it!


On a recent evening, Mr. Mickey and I joined friends in the courtyard of our favorite restaurant after work. I wore slate gray Lisette pants with a white sleeveless top from White House|Black Market and my off white Bowie Jacket from Saks Off 5th. The layered crystal beaded necklace is from Fabrizio Gianni. The shoes are by Vince Camuto. Even though the clothes I wear are often old, I mention the brand if you want to look for the item.

My favorite pieces are almost always classic styles in neutral colors, so you should be able to find something current in your price range that is similar.


The jacket is short in the back, so I always layer it over a high-low hemmed top since there is no junk in my trunk. 

A fashionable twenty-something told me I was "killin' it" with this look, which put a spring in my step for the rest of the day.



If you have followed me for even a short time, you know that Vince Camuto is one of my favorite shoe brands.

12 comments:

Judy said...

You look so pretty Susan! I never would have thought to wear a high low top under a shorter length jacket so thank you for that wonderful idea.

Yvonne said...

Another great look!! I like how you mixed the two different whites.

Feedakie said...

Susan,

You'll see that your sixties are a great time also. I'm now 65 and I appreciate more and more life and what it brings to me even in the smallest details.

Continue your good work as you are very helpful to me and to all women following your blog and advice.

Unknown said...

The combination of cream and black is always a chic look. I particularly like the swing top.

Renee said...

I love the slate/cream/white combination!! The silhouette of the jacket over the top is very pretty.

thepoutingpensioner said...

I love this white and grey look. Always a winner. You look fabulous, Susan!

Fiona Ferris said...

Thank you for your inspiring blog and joie de vivre, Susan! Love these neutrals on you.

Teresa S said...

Yes, you are 'killin it'! Smokin hot! Thanks for giving us such great ideas on how we can do that for ourselves too. I turn 60 next spring and really appreciate all of the inspiration you are giving for our age group.

Vickie said...

Susan, this is one of your best outfits. Love the shorter jacket over the longer top. Love the shoes, hair style... Everything. You're my fashion/lifestyle guru!

Jen said...

Love all these pieces together. How I wish I could still wear a high heel....to me nothing finishes off an outfit better than a stylist high heel.

Kelly M said...

That 20-something was right -- you are killing it! Not just with this outfit, but every day! I'm really trying to adopt your less-is-more and find-your-style-sweet-spot approach to dressing. We all have it - we just need to find it! :)

Andrea said...

Yes, you are "killing it" with this look! Fabulous as always!

Andrea
Andrea’s Wellness Notes